Module 4 – SLP
For this assignment, think about a team you currently work with or have
worked with in the past and how well this team has functioned. Think about
both the positives and the negatives, and how the material from the
background readings applies to what you’ve experienced. Then write a 2-
to 3-page paper answering the following three questions below. Make sure
to cite at least one of the required readings for each of your answers, and
to cite at least two of the required readings in your paper:
1. What are some of the key positive aspects of this team? Discuss some
specific positives and include some stories of times when the team
functioned especially well. Do you think these stories could work in an
Appreciative Inquiry approach to come up with a plan to improve the
performance of the team?
2. How is the effectiveness or performance of this team usually measured?
Could a traditional organizational development approach help identify
problems in this team as well as find ways in which team performance
could be improved?
3. Overall, do you think an Appreciative Inquiry or a traditional
organizational development would be better for this team? If your team
was to hire a consultant, what type of approach would you want the
consultant to take?
SLP Assignment Expectations
• Answer the assignment questions directly.
• Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on
tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background
• Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references.
Articles published in established newspapers or business
journals/magazines are preferred. If you use articles from the Internet,
make sure they are from credible sources.
• Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and intext
citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality
Academic Paper, including pages 13 and 14 on in-text citations. Another
resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under My
Resources in the TLC portal.
Module 4 – SLP